Read Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo by Larry Niven Free Online
Book Title: Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo|
The author of the book: Larry Niven
Edition: Mr Ediciones
Date of issue: 1987
ISBN 13: 9788427011045
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 25.23 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2427 times
Reader ratings: 7.2
Read full description of the books:
1. Some Non-Trivial Calculus
As the MIT students sang back in 1971:Oh, the Ringworld is unstable
the Ringworld is unstable
did the best that they were able
and it's good enough for me!People who want the details should check out Non-Linear Dynamics of Ringworld Systems, by Colin McInnes (http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/38/1/JIBS_C_...). It's
fascinating. If you like that kind of thing.
2. The Puppeteer Shock Doctrine
See, they engineered this disaster so that the Friedmanite Puppeteer government could force the Ringworlders to reorganize their economy according to strict monetarist principles in order to quality for an IMF loan, thus immediately creating...
Hey, Naomi! What are you doing here, this is a science-fiction review! The policy seminar is two URLs down the hall.
3. The Story Of O How Do We Make This More Interesting
Wait... how about putting in some sex with a bunch of non-human but, you know, sexy creatures? That often works, doesn't it? Perhaps some of them could be, hm, vampires?
Thanks, Manny, good idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that! I'm all over it, especially the vampires.
4. A Nod To John Stuart Mill
Suppose you could save 95% of the people in the world by killing the other 5%. What would you do? Oh yes, and the 5% are going to die anyway if you don't kill them.
Well, it's bleeding obvious, isn't it? But be assured that I'd wring my hands a bit first, if that makes you feel better.
Update, Oct 15 2015: Ringworld has been located. I'm hoping the nefarious Puppeteers haven't found out yet and the stabilization system is robust and well-designed.
Download Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo ERUB
Download Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo DOC
Download Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo TXT
Read information about the authorLaurence van Cott Niven's best known work is Ringworld (Ringworld, #1) (1970), which received the Hugo, Locus, Ditmar, and Nebula awards. His work is primarily hard science fiction, using big science concepts and theoretical physics. The creation of thoroughly worked-out alien species, which are very different from humans both physically and mentally, is recognized as one of Niven's main strengths.
Niven also often includes elements of detective fiction and adventure stories. His fantasy includes The Magic Goes Away series, which utilizes an exhaustible resource, called Mana, to make the magic a non-renewable resource.
Niven created an alien species, the Kzin, which were featured in a series of twelve collection books, the Man-Kzin Wars. He co-authored a number of novels with Jerry Pournelle. In fact, much of his writing since the 1970s has been in collaboration, particularly with Pournelle, Steven Barnes, Brenda Cooper, or Edward M. Lerner.
He briefly attended the California Institute of Technology and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics (with a minor in psychology) from Washburn University, Topeka, Kansas, in 1962. He did a year of graduate work in mathematics at the University of California at Los Angeles. He has since lived in Los Angeles suburbs, including Chatsworth and Tarzana, as a full-time writer. He married Marilyn Joyce "Fuzzy Pink" Wisowaty, herself a well-known science fiction and Regency literature fan, on September 6, 1969.
Niven won the Hugo Award for Best Short Story for Neutron Star in 1967. In 1972, for Inconstant Moon, and in 1975 for The Hole Man. In 1976, he won the Hugo Award for Best Novelette for The Borderland of Sol.
Niven has written scripts for various science fiction television shows, including the original Land of the Lost series and Star Trek: The Animated Series, for which he adapted his early Kzin story The Soft Weapon. He adapted his story Inconstant Moon for an episode of the television series The Outer Limits in 1996.
He has also written for the DC Comics character Green Lantern including in his stories hard science fiction concepts such as universal entropy and the redshift effect, which are unusual in comic books.
Reviews of the Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Los ingenieros del Mundo Anillo by Larry Niven Online free